We’d love to say the word resolution and all of that promises we’ve made for 2018. However, it can be oftentimes over-the-top and unrealistic, especially if it’s about eating healthy and getting fit. That’s why we’ve sought the help of Dietitian-Nutritionist Cheshire Que to share strategies that shun quick fixes in favor of results-producing changes. Here’s how to live mindfully without feeling overwhelmed:
- Catch up on your 8-hour sleep. By sleeping eight hours a day, you are doing yourself a favor. Not to mention, a world of good to your mood, memory, and immune system! Lack of sleep also contributes to weight gain and obesity that wrecks your monthly period.
- Go easy on sweets and fried food.You’ve had too much during the holidays and now is the time to detox. Balance out your calorie intake and minimize the junk foods in your life, a.k.a fried, sweet, and salty. Excessive amounts make you cramp, bloat, and may cause a sudden rise and fall in your sugar levels thus affecting your mood as well.
- Eat fresh. Fruits and vegetables cleanse the digestive system, clear the skin, and promote weight loss. Regular bowel movement, especially during your red days, keep you light and less bloated. And because they’re high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants, it helps to increase your satiety, making you feel full in just a few, smaller servings! Forget drastic and fad diets, stock up on these veggies instead, which are highly recommended by Dietitian-Nutritionist Cheshire Que:
- Ampalaya – rich in iron and has insulin-like properties that help control blood glucose
- Malunggay and other dark, leafy veggies – also rich in iron which boosts and promotes good mood & combats fatigue
- Carrots – high in Vitamin A for a healthy, glowing skin
- Kangkong or Chinese Spinach – packed with high amount of calcium for stronger bones
- Chayote – full of fiber that promotes digestive health and folate for DNA synthesis and healthy blood cells
If you are serious about infusing your food with nutrient-dense ingredients, keeping a food journal is a great way to set up your meal plan to success. That way, it encourages you to consume fewer calories and provide the motivation that you need every single day!
- Take a multivitamin supplement if your intake of nutrient-rich foods is inadequate. Minimizing salty and sweet food you badly crave does not mean you become instantly healthy. The absence of nutritious foods is a red flag that should be addressed too. An iron supplement may help prevent iron deficiency anemia for those with the heavy menstrual flow. Take multivitamins that have all the necessary vitamins including calcium for strong bones and folate for a healthy heart and sound mind.
- Move. Move. All that daily inactivity is the biggest health hazard you’re up against. Desk jobs, long commutes, and too much Facebook and Netflix –is about as fattening as a steady diet of bacon and hot dogs. Here are some ways to stand up and just go: walk around your home while on the phone, dance while cooking, wash your car instead of taking it to the car wash, grab a coffee “to go” and walk as you sip! Mindful movement can offset all the sitting you can’t avoid and may help you to burn more calories a day.
Blogger-Restaurateur Dianne Salazar never have to miss her CrossFit even it’s that time of the month with Jeunesse Anion All-Night Pad
And if you find yourself constantly using your period as an excuse to not go to the gym, take it from restaurateur and blogger Dianne Salazar. She said, “That time of the month doesn’t need to hinder you from physical activities like working out. It actually helps you feel less sluggish and boosts your mood. I do CrossFit almost every day even when I’m on my period and I need not worry about leaks and discomfort, thanks to Jeunesse Anion All Night Pad! It gives me maximum protection even when I lift heavy weights.”
Ladies, your period is a gift and it should not stop you from reaching your fitness goals. Use quality sanitary pads to make sure you are worry-free and fully protected from leaks. By changing your pad every four to five hours, it helps to ward off bacterial growth that causes odor. With Jeunesse Anion pads, you don’t have to think about leaks and stains as its seven layers of powerful protection made of dirt-free and sterilized virgin pulp is gentle on skin and holds a superior amount of liquid, so nothing can stop you during that time of the month.
Available at Watsons, Mercury Drug Stores, and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide, Jeunesse Anion also offers ultra day non-wing, ultra day pad, ultra night pad, all-night pad, and panty liner to help every woman to go through their period with ease and comfort. For hassle-free shopping with the convenience of free delivery straight to your doorstep, visit www.lazada.com.ph.
Wellgold International Inc. distributes Jeunesse Anion Sanitary Napkin and Liners and currently available at Watsons, selected Mercury Drug and South Star Drug outlets, SM department store’s health and beauty section, Robinson’s Supermarket and selected department stores, Shopwise, Rustan’s Supermarket, Waltermart, Landmark Department Store, PCX stores, selected Metro Gaisano outlets, plus other selected stores in Visayas and Mindanao. You can also purchase online with free delivery via www.lazada.com.ph. For more health tips, visit www.jeunesseanion.com and follow Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: Jeunesse Anion. For inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 4701294.